Friday, November 17, 2006

Silly Wizard

I was not going to do a post exclusively about Silly Wizard, but John pointed out an error on my previous page. They are Scottish, not Irish. I may post more about them later, but cannot now because of a situation which I am not at liberty to reveal at this time. I can say, however, that I would just as soon acquire a Scottish accent as an Irish one.

I can talk about Scotland and Ireland. These lands were both heavily raided by the Viking back in the day. This raiding naturally involved a lot of rape. Also, the Norsemen would sometimes move in permanently. I have read of genetic studies of the amount of Scandinavian ancestry among various European peoples. The Scots and the Irish have a lot of Scandinavian blood.

Anyhow, their accents sound very similar to me. And this is all I had to go on for Silly Wizard because until my recent research, all I knew of them was from the music itself. Maybe there are some clues in the lyrics of their origin, but I was not keen to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home