Wednesday, November 15, 2006

useless keyboard

Of course the only thing that I use that MS "Natural" keyboard for is hitting the enter key at boot1. You'll notice that I haven't switched it to colemak2. It does have the colemak layout installed.

I'm going to go fix the boot loader now.



1. I have to hit the enter key because there's something wrong with my boot loader. I could fix the problem in about 5 seconds, but I'm too lazy (I keep forgetting to until I have to boot again). Also, I wouldn't ever have to shutdown except that the fans are a bit distracting when I'm trying to sleep.
2. I thought about switching the keys to the colemak layout, but it would be kinda hard because they have some funny sized keys because of the "Natural" shape. So I'd have to scrape off the letters and repaint them - at least a few of them. I'm just not up for that.

2 Comments:

Blogger phil said...

I fixed that boot loader - now I never have to touch that keyboard at all. I'll keep it around though in case I can't use my wireless kb through the convoluted route through my laptop by way of synergy.

6:21 PM  
Blogger phil said...

honestly, my desktop is mostly a music/storage server now-a-days

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home