Thursday, November 16, 2006

I don't get "won't"

what's with the word "won't". I understand contractions - they're not all that complicated. You combine two words and drop out a letter or two to be replaced with a '.

I am = I'm
Is not = Isn't
Am not = amn't (actually I just made this one up, if you use it, someone will probably make fun of you - it's really ain't - but that ain't a word according to my elementary school playground. Incidentally, I don't get "ain't" for the same reason that I don't get "won't", but at least "ain't" is refuted on school playgrounds)
will not = won't

WTF? shouldn't that be "willn't" you don't say "I wo not do that" "wo" is not a word and definitely not a synonym of "will".

So I try to avoid using the word "won't" in all my writing. Actually, I tend to use contractions less in writing than in speaking (though obviously not on the craziness blog - probably because I'm trying to write it as I would actually say it which I don't usually do when writing).

So now I'm going to talk more about my headphones from the previous post - I can do that because this is my blog.
These are some nice $150 DJ headphones - This is not a feckin advertisement, so I willn't reveal the brand, but they have a pretty high reputation for consumer electronics. The headphones are awesome. I've never heard sound as clear from anything else. I've listened to songs on these puppies and had epiphanic moments because I could actually hear the words of the song clearly and finally knew what they were really saying. It's awesome. Also, the bass out of these things is incredible - it's more than enough for my taste, though they certainly don't have enough power to make your whole body vibrate - if you're into that sort of bass, which I amn't

Oh - about Silly Wizard: These guys make me want to acquire an Irish accent (Irishacc'nt)



Be sure to tune into craziness next week for modular origami pictures - only on cue pee crazy dot blog spot dot com.

4 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Silly Wizard is a SCOTTISH band, retard.

3:57 PM  
Blogger phil said...

Oh, well, then I want to acquire a Scottishacc'nt

5:54 PM  
Blogger phil said...

Don't go to that Danilo page unless you really like flash games based on popular console games from the late 80's-90's

I think it's a spam comment (sp'mc'mm'nt), but I'm not deleting it because it's funny - kinda. Well, ok, it's not funny, but I'm still not deleting it.

5:57 PM  
Blogger John said...

No, this is funny

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home