Sunday, November 05, 2006

Identify

Sorry my recent posts haven't been that crazy - guess I just don't have much drama in my life right now to stir things up in my brain.

I'll try to make up for that in this post.

Ever look at yourself in the mirror or in a picture and wonder "who is this person?" I don't mean "Who am I?" a self-identity thing, but more like "I do not recognize this person."

I just did that with the picture I took of myself for my picasa page. I don't look at myself in the mirror a whole lot or take a million pictures of myself all the time like some guys I know. I may go for several days without really looking at myself. So I was looking at the picture, post-processing it for upload to picasa (I did no touch up except to desaturate and adjust a slight overexposure). Then I was looking at it and trying to imagine that I was looking at a complete stranger. It wasn't very hard. I could easily disassociate from the person in the photograph. I was like "Who is that guy? I don't know and I don't care what happens to him. And I'm sure he doesn't care what happens to me."

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

"I don't look at myself in the mirror a whole lot"

This is the number one benefit of not shaving.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home