Monday, June 05, 2006

I may have to wait a while longer.

Women are silly. Never before have I felt that my life was in a state that would be conductive to any meaningful relationship with a woman. I am a nomad - this creates difficulty when it comes to developing any sort of long term relationship. On top of that, my financial situation has usually been less than impressive - mostly because of the difficulty in maintaining a steady income with my nomadic tendencies. This doesn't bother me of courese - I've rarely had trouble keeping myself from starving to death, but it seems to trouble other people.

Now, my life is at a turning point and, though I am not there yet, for the first time in my life I can see myself reaching the point where I could have a meaningful relationship with a woman. And so I have started trying to find a woman with whom to have such a relationship. My plan is to start getting to know someone so that when I am fully ready to "settle down" I'll be well on my way. The problem is that I have to go to Jamaica for a month and after that I'll be traveling all over the country for most of the summer and after that I'll be going to school in Seattle for 7 months. I don't get much past "I have to leave on Friday" and all of a sudden the girl doesn't want to have anything to do with me.

So maybe I'll just have to wait until my life has actually settled down so that I don't have to say that I'm leaving at the end of the week and will be gone for a month and then I might not be around much after that either.

4 Comments:

Blogger John said...

I suppose...

If you feel you need one.

4:46 PM  
Blogger phil said...

Yeah - yeah. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to need one eventually. Or else I'm going to go completely insane and probably end up getting locked up or killed in a shoot-out with the feds or something.

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you ever thought that you might meet a girl with similar interests and maybe even a tendency towards a nomadic lifestyle when you go to scuba school in Seattle? it might be worth it to wait it out.

2:29 PM  
Blogger phil said...

Yeah, I figure that might happen sometime.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home