Sunday, May 28, 2006

Waterpark Lifeguards

Ok, I do have one bit of recent craziness to relate. This has to do with my friend and former co-worker Josh and the Waterpark of America.

Josh quit his job a few days before I got back from Kentucky which is when I told my boss that I don't want to be on the road building waterslides anymore.

After giving my notice, I borrowed a car from my boss and stopped to see Josh on my way home. I talked Josh into coming up to The Cities to ride the slides at the Waterpark of America (Great Lodge). It was a spontaneous decision and I didn't even know for sure that the place was open yet. I talked to someone who said he'd seen an ad for it so he thought that it was open. Another former co-worker (Rob) was hanging around, so he went with us too. We got there and found out that it was opening day. The best ride there is the Flowrider (it's a standing wave that you can surf on), but that really has nothing to do with this story. We went back a week or so later when I returned my boss's car and got a ride back to The Cities with Josh in his Camaro(Rob had gone home so it was just Josh and me)

They have a lot of hot and semi-hot lifeguards. So I was encouraging Josh to talk to them, get their names, you know. Here's how the scenario would go:

Josh would find a cute lifeguard and start talking to (flirting with) her. I'd talk and flirt too, but I'm not really interested in picking up any lifeguards. I'd have to keep encouraging him because he's pretty shy and stuff. We'd talk a bit, ride the slide, come back to the top and talk some more. As we're heading back up, I'd say "find out her name" or "how old is she" - stuff like that. They change stations frequently, so we'd have to find her again. We played it cool and didn't just keep riding the same slides over and over, we'd give it some time, go around the park, etc, and then find her again. This is how the encounters would always end:

Me: some question about the lifeguard
Josh: No, it's over.
Me: What, why?
Josh: She's only 17 (or maybe not quite 17)
Me: So. Tell her that she can tell her parents that you're 17 (or something like that)

But Josh is too honorable for such deceit.

So anyway, we had fun meeting them and getting to know them and it was a good character building/learning experience for both of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home