Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Jesus was just a good guy.

There are many items in my list of beliefs on which I would like to expound. I don't know how long it'll take me to get to all of them, but this is one that I would like to address right away - especially because I've heard this statement quite often: "I think that Jesus was a really good guy and a good teacher, but I don't believe that he was Divine or that he came back from the dead." - or something along those lines.

This is total nonsense. If Jesus is not the literal son of God, if He is not the Jewish Messiah, if He did not die on the cross and rise from the dead, then He was a total lunatic - worse than David Koresh.

If He was such a great teacher, what great teachings did He give us - obviously disreguarding His teaching that He is the Son of God and the sacrifice for the sins of man.

There are those who are much better at giving this argument than me. You can search it out for yourself. I'd try Ravi Zacharias. I don't know of any internet resources - I've heard it a number of times and read it in print from various preachers. (If you think that Christians are just a bunch of gullible idiots, listen to Ravi Zacharias for a while.)

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

"I'd try Ravi Zacharias. I don't know of any internet resources"

Did you look? A google search turns up 266,000 hits. Including his ministry page.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home