Saturday, January 28, 2006

Remember your Dreams

It's pretty easy to increase your Dream Recall.

It helps to keep a dream journal - just a pad of paper will do. Keep it next to your bed while you sleep and whenever you wake up in the night, write whatever you can remember from your dreams in the journal.

I find that I'll do or see something durring the day that will trigger a memory from a dream the night before, then the whole dream unfolds - or at least some large pieces of it.

Increasing dream recall is the first step to Lucid Dreaming, which is my goal. I haven't quite achieved it yet, but my dream recall is certainly improving.

John's narative dreaming sounds a bit like lucid dreaming. I don't know if he has concious control in such dreams or if they're just narrated for him. I haven't had any narrated dreams as far as I can recall.

On a side note, I got a call from Marie today. She said that Dad is not going rent the cottage on Desert Lake anymore, so we're trying to get enough people to put some money in to take over the rent on it. It would be weird to go there and see someone else staying in that cottage.

But the really weird thing is that just a few hours before she called me, it came to my mind that Dad won't be renting the cottage forever and that I should talk to him to find out about it - it was such a strong impulse that I wanted to call him that very instant.

If we're pooling on the cottage, we should also get a bunch of people to go in on a new boat - something for wakeboarding and tubing.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad's willing to keep the cottage if we all go in as a group. So far - you, Thomas, Dad and me ar in. Sorry, but I don't think that I can swing a new boat too... I'll keep you posted. Talk to you more later...

6:06 AM  
Blogger John said...

I really don't have time to go to Ontario evrey sumer anymore.

2:35 PM  
Blogger tom said...

Not everyone will be able to make it every summer, but it's worth it to pay a bit to keep it for the summers we can make it. Most vacation properties cost as much per month as that house costs per year, and few of them are as nice.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home