Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Here 'Tis


This is the image that I was talking about in the previous post. The limits of this page layout do not do it justice - the limits of most computer monitors do not do it justice. It should be printed at high resolution on paper 4 ft high and 38 ft long. But since that's not practical, here it is at 500x209 split and stacked so it fits on the monitor better. I should have split it in thirds instead of half for 500 px wide viewing, but I didn't - oh well.

The original image is roughly 19800 pixels wide and 2400 pixels high. It's over 300 Mb uncompressed - most of the 700/900 Mb used by the gimp as stated in the previous post were undo storage (I think). turning down the undo levels or disabling it all together should speed up processing considerably.

I plan on getting a flickr pro account sometime soon - and then I'll upload some big ones to flickr. Until then I'm going to work on getting shots of some better scenes and do some more experimenting with photostitching - there are lots of possibilities that I haven't tried yet

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, the image that I uploaded was 500 px wide - I think that blogger resized it.

-phil

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted that last one (and this one) anonymously 'cause I didn't want to log in again - my password is a bit unwieldy and I'm not going to enter it for just a few comments.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home