Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The eternal battle between phones and email

So today I was chatting with Philip, and I'm pretty sure his phone rang, because out of the blue he decided to tell me that "Telephones should be outlawed. They're so intrusive." Of course I agreed because I hate the things too. If you lived with me you'd know that I hate picking up the phone, probably because my dad doesn't like phones either and I tend to have the same feelings as him on most issues. O right, back to the phone thing. Anyways, we decided that it is like early 1900's technology and is very intrusive. Email, chatting, and pretty much any other form of communication is much more friendly. Email is like, "hey, you got some messages from some people" and you're like "cool, I'll take a look at that when I'm ready." Telephones are like "hey, you! someone wants to talk to you! Now!" and you're like "ALRIGHT! I'm coming, hold your horses." And you have to stop whetever you're doing to answer the phone. Cell phones are like 100100100 times worse because you can't escape them, I suppose you could if you really tried hard, but I guess it would defeat the purpose of having it in the first place. This is probably one reason why I don't own one, that and I guess I don't want to pay for it either. Anyways, phones=bad. I guess this is all I have for my first post on Philip's blog. I hope you weren't too bored.

3 Comments:

Blogger phil said...

Yeah, it rang. But I didn't answer it 'cause I didn't get there in time. Part of the reason is that I had my music pretty loud and wasn't sure it was the phone ringing or not. But mostly it was 'cause I'm too freakin annoyed by the phone to stop what I'm doing and get up and answer it.

7:21 PM  
Blogger tom said...

100^100^100 is the exact factor by which the suckiness of telephones must be multiplied to get the suckiness of cell phones.

2:10 PM  
Blogger phil said...

is that (100^100)^100 or 100^(100^100) - it makes a big difference

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home