Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Convention

So the closest thing I have to a job involves installing water slides. The guy who allegedly pays me said I should go to this IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions) convention in Orlando. I have family in Orlando (A sister, brother-in-law, 4 yo nice, and 2 yo nephew/godson). So I thought "Yeah. Convention sounds pretty cool. And I can see my fams." He offered to pay for my hotel room (not plane tickets) and get me a free (to me) pass to the convention. So I took him up on it. The convention is pretty good. Pretty much what you'd expect from an amusement park convention. Lots of ride demos, game demos, food vendor demos (including a never ending supply of free samples). Displays for pamphlet printers, guest photo systems/printers and merchandise, bench, trash can, ride seat, railing, etc manufacturers.

Lots of kids running around playing on the inflatable play structures, with the arcade games, etc. Lots of adults playing the arcade games, etc.

Lots of foreign water slide knock-off companies stealing patented designs from the US and Canadian water slide companies. A Russian company had 2 reps there - neither spoke much English, but they had an interpreter who didn't speak very comprehensible English or understand the Russian's products or business very well.

So it's pretty cool. Get to spend some time with my fams anyhow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jac said...

sounds fun

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home