Saturday, July 14, 2007

I can't help but wonder where I'm bound

I was driving to Texas for work, listening to an mp3 cd I burned a long time ago. It had the song "I can't help but wonder where I'm bound" (written by Tom Paxton) sung by Nancy Griffith. I've heard it many times before, but the following verse stood out.

If you see me passing by
And you sit and you wonder why
And if you wish that you were a rambling too
Nail your shoes to the kitchen floor
Lace them up and bat the door
Thank your stars for the roof that over you
That's about what I feel like sometimes.

I want to get a photo to post on flickr along with this verse. I'm not sure exactly what I'll do for the photo yet.

here's some other guy singin it on youtube.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=k-6gQSmKqYc

2 Comments:

Blogger Jac said...

Pip, if you really feel that way, get a job that doesn't make you travel. You're welcome to settel in Pgh. ;)

5:45 PM  
Blogger phil said...

I said sometimes. I may settle down eventually.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home