Thursday, June 07, 2007

Yelloh

I stopped at Target to print some photos. There was an old lady taking her sweet time on the kodak kiosk - there's always an old lady taking her sweet old time at the kodak kiosk. At least she was not scanning. They need to have a separate machine for scanning. One for digital media and one for scanning.

When I was waiting for the old lady (and subsequently the young lady who snuck in line ahead of me), I heard a kid saying something to his mom about something being "cheaper in the States". So I figured they were Canadian, though I didn't notice a very strong accent. So I asked him.

"Are you from Canada?"
"yeah"
"cool. You're not driving a yellow truck are you?"
"yeah"
"Oh. I parked behind you. I saw the Ontario plates"
"Yeah. When you come up to Canada, your dollar is worth less than ours now. It's only worth 99 cents"

That's cool. Hooray for the great American Economy!

Turns out the kid was wrong though. Technically the USD is still a bit higher than the CAD. But with what the money changers take for themselves, they'd have received less USD than CAD when they exchanged.

YELLOH

PS. I took the pics in on my mp3er which doubles as a flash drive. instead of a built-in usb plug, it has a dongle. I had it on the neck strap and was listning to music as I entered the store (unfortunately, you can't listen and access the drive by usb at the same time). While I was waiting for the old lady, I was checking out the radios they had on display - as they are just around the corner from the photo center (and this is how the young lady got in line ahead of me). Some of the radios have a usb port for playing mp3s from flash drives and such. And seeing as I had a flash drive with me, I tried them out. I just pulled the dongle's usb end out of my pocket - the other end was already connected to the mp3er which was in my shirt (with the dongle hanging out the bottom front of my shirt). Then I inserted the usb plug and played some Postal Service on the display stereos. One of them was quite nice and also had some auxilary inputs that would be good for hooking up to a pc (much better than those crappy pc speakers). If I had a home to keep it in, I might get one like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home