Thursday, March 23, 2006

I don't like it.

I'm dissapointed by my username. I'm not going to change it right away or anything. It's just that it's not completely symmetrical. the "q" is just because it is the mirror image of the "p". The "p" is the first letter of my first name and the "marl" is the first 4 of my last name. pmarl was my username in highschool computer class because that was the standard formula for generating usernames. I've used a few different derivations of it since. But I like symmetry and I want something completely symmetrical. I won't likely find one any time soon, however.

Back in the Battle.net days of Starcraft, our crew had a few symmetrical b.net account names. one was all q's p's d's and b's with a few l's and I's thrown in there. In the default starcraft font, "l" and "I" were identical. we had one username made entirely of l's and I's - the intention was that other players would not be able to correctly enter the name. pdbqlpdbq or something like that. and lllIIIlIlI or something like that.

I could make a stretch and say that "m" is it's own mirror. "r" doesn't have one, so I'd have to leave it out. "l" is it's own mirror.

lmqpml

pmllmq

something like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home