Thursday, March 16, 2006

Fingers

Fingers and hands are funny looking things. I don't really have a point, but I've been sick for a few days (and showing no signs of getting any better). But I was looking at my hands in a kind of sickness-induced daze and pondering the strangeness of them.

I recommend that you study your hands and maybe those of a few other people. You may have to be in an other-than-normal mental state (I do not use or recommend drugs).

One thing that I noticed about my fingers is that the last segments (with fingernails) do not all bend squarely at the joints. And some of the fingernails are crooked as well. The one on my left middle finger is noticeably crooked. It's funny because I lost the nail on my right middle finger about ten years ago. It was funny-looking for a while, but now is more normal than the other one.

3 Comments:

Blogger John said...

"They call 'em fingers, but I never see 'em fing ... Oh, there they go."

4:40 PM  
Blogger tom said...

Yeah, thems is weird thingies, er... fingies? Anyway, I know what you mean about the strange perception as a result of being sick. Remember that time when we were kids that I almost urinated in the trash can?

I've thought about inducing a fever just to write during it and writing a book--or at least a collection of random crap--of induced-fever-induced writings. That'd be some weird stuff.

9:55 PM  
Blogger phil said...

I walked into the kitchen and he was about to piss in the trash can right in the middle of the kitchen! When he realized what he was doing, he just started laughing. And I think that I was probably laughing as well.

I had the same bug at the time though, so I understood the situation. I almost threw a mess of paper towels and newspaper covered in dog feces and urine in the laundry. I came to my senses just before I dropped it.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home